If you don't already have one, please create yourself an account on this wiki.
Brain Dump, 14 January 2022 by Beth and Emma
Once a month
Why do a podcast?
Foster a Community of practice mindset
Supporting growth of skills
Raising awareness of DMing and what it's about
Sharing our knowledge and experience of DMing
Having a nice chat
Role model working in the open
What would our listeners get from it?
Exposure to different approaches/points of view
Ideas to tackle a particular activity/topic e.g. kicking off
Consumable when it suits them
No-one too senior because they don't do much delivering - gotta be in the nuts and bolts of it
Be theme based and have guests in to discuss the themes from different PoVs
Crowdsource the topics using some kind of thing (Trello?) to collect and vote on topics?
- James - I've created a public board that anyone can join
- James - Actually, an EasyRetro board might be better.
How would we record and edit it?
- James - I know someone in Defra who knows how to do it remotely
- James - I've used Audacity before to edit podcasts
Where would we host it (e.g. SoundCloud/Spotify)?
- James - BuzzSprout hosts your audio and distributes it to SoundCloud, Spotify, etc.
How would we share it (e.g. Twitter/Slack)?
- James - Yes, plus the mailing lists we have for Gov DMs in the Ether, Deliver Con and the Cross-government meetup
Would anyone listen?!?!!?
- James - Yes :-)