Delivery management community
What this community's for
We exist to:
- share information about how to deliver digital projects in the public sector,
- create the opportunity to share experiences, observed behaviours and best practice,
- give us space to discuss and challenge how we deliver government projects and products.
Read more in the GOV.UK Service Manual.
Who this community's for
If you're a public sector delivery manager then you've come to the right place :-)
You might be interested in the community if you use (or want to use) agile or waterfall methods to deliver government projects or products.
You don’t have to be in a software development team to join. We have community members from policy, capability and operations.
Join our meet-ups
Below are all the different Agile delivery community meet-ups you can join. Each is run by volunteers from across government.
Please add your meet-up by editing this page.
Delivery Conference (DeliverCon):
- We (normally) do an annual conference,
- It's varied between in-person, hybrid and virtual only,
- #DeliverCon2023 is in-person only in Birmingham,
- View the DeliverCon2023 page for what to expect
Delivery community meet-up:
- Talks from members of the community,
- Held online at 1pm every 4th Friday,
- View details of previous meet-ups, including video recordings and slides,
- Email Barry Traish for an invite.
Sheffield cross-gov community:
Members are often also active in other communities, like Agile NE, Agile in the Ether, Development That Pays, Mike Cohn's Mountain Goat Software, Agile Yorkshire, LeanAgile Manchester, Agile in Leeds and Scotviz.
Members are encouraged to share resources, and this wiki is designed for that. One example resource is DWP's megalist of L&D resources (google docs) for delivery managers.